The Preventative Maintenance (PM) team maintains campus equipment in satisfactory condition through conducting routine inspection and maintenance on any campus equipment defects. They ensure that equipment is efficiently running and report any malfunctions to prevent system failures. The PM team is responsible for maintaining extensive building systems and life safety databases that track the frequency of preventive maintenance and their required services.
The PM team also keeps accurate inventories and locations of equipment and the respective inventory replacement, with a value in excess of $500 million.
- chemical treatments
- testing and servicing backflow prevention devices
- testing generators, boilers, and hot water/chilled water systems
- inspection and changing of filters, vacuum pumps, air compressors, and sump pumps
- inspection of cooling towers, fan coil units, filter banks, exhaust and supply fans
- performing inspections and ensuring cleanliness of mechanical rooms
For all Preventive Maintenance requests, please call the Customer Service Center at 510-642-1032.
Manager of Campus Fire Prevention and Preventative Maintenance: Diane Coppini