Electronic Access

In support of the campus soft reopen on 6/16/21 Facilities Services Electronic Access team has processed all updated Access Control Forms received by the deadline 5/28/21 as well as those received through 6/15/21.

At this time card access additions can only be made by the FS Access Control team. If you require card access, please contact your departmental access controller to submit a Facilities Services Electronic Access Request Form.

For all other access control needs, please email fs-eaccesscontrol@berkeley.edu

Our Electronic Access Specialists manage all electronic lock and key card systems across campus with a focus on security and safety of our campus community, our team is dedicated to keeping these systems operational and up to date at all times. 

Access Controllers for individual campus divisions and departments are authorized to request the installation, modification, repair or removal of, electronic access control devices, other types of door security hardware, and the clearances issuance for the buildings.


Authorized UC Berkeley Access Controllers may use the Mechanical Lock & Key Service Request form (above), to:

  • Add, update or remove clearances for current credential (card-key) holders
  • Change access control schedules, whether temporarily or permanently
  • Request the repair of card readers or other electronic access control devices
  • Request an estimate for the cost of a new access control device or system
  • Update Access Controller information

 If we do not respond within 5 (five) business days, or you would like to check the status, make a change or cancel please send a follow-up email to fs-eaccesscontrol@berkeley.edu

For immediate review in situations involving access for disabled persons or significant risk to public safety, please also call the Electronic Access Control unit during normal business hours at  510-642-1032. After hour emergencies should also be called into 510-642-1032.

In order to request or change access controller information individual campus divisions and departments are asked to complete the Key Control authorization form and submit to fs-eaccesscontrol@berkeley.edu For more information, please review the Campus Access Control policy (below) or contact the key controller specialist at (insert new email here)

Campus Access Control Policy

For the complete UC Berkeley Campus Access Control policy, select the link below.

Please note this policy was adopted in 1998 and is currently under revision due to substantial changes in workplace conventions and procedures as well as the transition of policy from UCPD to Facilities Services.

1998 Campus Access Control policy

Cal Housing residents and employees

for assistance with access control problems (including keys, locks, fobs and readers) at a residence hall, please contact the Housing office (https://housing.berkeley.edu

Lost or stolen keys

Before we can replace a lost or stolen key a police report must be filed with UCPD. To report a lost or stolen University key or credential (card-key), please contact UCPD at (510) 642-6760 (or 510-642-3333 for TTY users) at any time of day or night to file a police report.