Americans produce 25% more waste during the Thanksgiving to New Year's period than any other time of the year. About 38,000 miles of ribbon is used each year during the holidays, enough to circle the earth and tie a bow! Luckily, there are many simple ways to have a cheaper, less wasteful holiday that can still keep with tradition!
Top 5 Tips for a Zero Waste Holiday
1. Purchase package-free ingredients for your holiday meals.
2. Give gifts that help others to reduce their waste.
3. Make or buy secondhand decorations.
4. Use old newspapers to wrap presents.
5. Gift experiences instead of items.