Abatement, Insulators and Roofing Manager: Sugi Harto
The Abatement Shop provides the following services:
- Sampling campus building materials for hazardous materials (i.e., lead and asbestos)
- Project management for all asbestos-related campus projects.
Insulators provide a range of services to the campus including:
- Small-scale removal of asbestos containing and non-asbestos containing pipe insulation for the crafts.
- Small-scale removal of asbestos and or lead containing building materials.
- Emergency clean up and repair of any asbestos or lead problem.
- Insulating building components for heat retention, cold retention and safety.
The roofers provide quick response to roof leaks from mid-October through March, and performing permanent roof repairs and replacements from April through September. Work is performed on all types of roofs for the UC Berkeley campus and off-campus buildings, including housing units. The services provided by the roofing unit include:
- Installing and repairing shingle, PVC roofing, composition, shakes, and tile metal.
- Emergency response (water leaks, roof leaks, skylights, gutter cleanout).
- General maintenance of exterior/below grade waterproofing, preventative maintenance, and inspection.
- Roof inspections.
- Professional consultation for capital projects.
For all requests, please email the Customer Service Center firstname.lastname@example.org.