Work Order Priorities & Criteria
- Life threatening (includes animals) and/or affects the integrity of the structure.
- Falling materials, i.e. ceiling tiles or broken glass
- Power Outages—Natural gas leaks
- Situations where there is an immediate danger of possible bodily harm and/or threat to health and safety due to the existing building conditions.
- Overflowing toilets, sinks, sewer lines, drains, raw sewage, flooding
- Water spills in hallways, room, and other open areas
- Major Steam leaks
- Temperature issues throughout whole building
- A condition causing the interruption of academic or research programs or severe hardship upon living quarters, as a result of an equipment breakdown (i.e. power loss, flooding, fire alarm, gas odors, air handling systems malfunctions in constant temperature facilities).
- Fire alarms in trouble & beeping smoke detectors (battery issues)
- Severe leaking of pipes and flooding from Strawberry Creek
- Supply, exhaust, hood fans malfunctioning causing air imbalances and temperature issues
- Lighting outages (all lights for an area/floor/building)
- Other situations where significant financial loss may be incurred (i.e. security of people, building, equipment; equipment damage, waste of energy)
- Door locking, securing issues, broken windows
- Hood fan failures in research facilities
- Offensive Graffiti removal in high profile areas
- Situations that may result in increased damage to the structure; or danger of possible bodily harm and/or threat to health and safety, but do not require 24 hour response
- Clogged but not overflowing toilets, sinks, sewer lines, drains (both interior & exterior)
- Follow-Up/Assist tags after emergencies in which have significant building impact
- Pest management, (i.e. mouse, ant, & bee issues)
- Offensive Graffiti removal in non-high profile areas
- Unsafe materials, i.e. asbestos, that are out in the open
- Temperature issues throughout a whole floor
- Situations that do not require immediate attention, but may increase damage to the structure unless action is taken
- Roof, skylight, & window leaks
- Non-offensive Graffiti Removal
- Window is cracked, but not broken
- A condition, which will not result in a significant increase in repair costs if work is delayed
- Noisy air handlers
- Minor water leaks (sink faucet dripping into sink with working drain)
- Multiple lights out in room/area but room not dark
- Temperature issues within single rooms
- Routine repair requests that need attention as soon as possible, but will not result in further damage or safety problems as determined by Facilities Services.
- Lights out (partial lighting outage in an area)
- Installation of new lock hardware
- Upgrading of systems, new fans, chillers, windows, etc.
- Departmental equipment (autoclave) not working with multiple units in area
- Necessary work that can be performed whenever facilities, materials and labor are available.
- Ceiling/Floor tile replacement, All dispensers
- Sign replacement/generation
- A condition that will not result in a significant increase in repair costs if the work is delayed
- Deflector shields for vents
- Window treatments (i.e. blinds, shades, or film), Windows stuck but not broken